Saturday, January 17, 2009

Auto indexer

Over the course of my adult life, I've had 1 desktop, 3 personal laptops, 2 official laptops, and a blackberry. Of these, at least 1 personal laptop, 1 official laptop and 1 pda of some sort are actively used depending on which one i'm closest to at the moment. My data, notes and files, therefore, are splintered across all these repositories.

The idea is to have an auto indexer that allows me to retrieve the location of a piece of information regardless of where it is. Essentially, the moment I create a document, it must be indexed with the central repository so that whenever I'm interested in that document, the repository should be able to point me to the location of the document, and possibly allow me to (pre)view it instantly on whatever machine I happen to have handy.

No comments: