Thursday, March 05, 2009

Minor nice to haves

1. A File Explorer that allows you to put directories as favorites similar to a browser - saves on all the dir tree navigation. I'm sure some file explorer already has this. But it would be nice if windows explorer did. It has something close - a favorites side bar. But I'd like a toolbar.

2. And then of course, an app suite that uses this favorites list. You know how the office suite's File Open dialog has the side bar with My Docs, Recent Docs, etc? Why cant one of the options be My favorites? Or is this already in Vista, and I'm still barking up the XP tree?

3. Another brain-dead feature of the office suite's file open (or most windows app for that matter) is that they will not do what Textpad has been doing for ages - open up the file open dialog to the same directory as the currently open document. Its highly likely that you'll open up one more document from the same place, or somewhere thereabouts. Why should I go back to My Docs all the time? If I was in My Docs to start with, this behavior would still end up effecting the same result. I dont get it.

Anyway, it'd be nice to see these tiny fixes into windows.

No comments: